ComfyBed® Equine Bedding: Keep Calm and Get Comfy
- Virtually Dust-Free
- Very dry
- Very absorbent
- Excellent drainage
- Provides maximum cushioning
- Doesn’t cling to tails and manes
- Completely natural and biodegradable
- Easy to muck out
- Low maintenance
- Easy to handle (23kg bales)
- Waterproof bale enables neat external storage
How to use:
- Clean out the stable
- For a 12′ x 12′ stable, spread 10 bales of ComfyBed®
- Adjust the recommended ratio depending on the stable size
- Spread ComfyBed® with a rake ensuring a depth of 6″ throughout
- Reintroduce your horse to the stable
- Droppings can be easily removed with a fork without much bedding loss
- Add 1-2 bales of ComfyBed® per week by replacing bedding in any excessively soiled areas
- Removed material is ideal for compost
Why ComfyBed® is best:
- Shavings are not very absorbent, tend to have a high moisture content and are notoriously dusty which may contribute to equine respiratory problems. They also tend to cling to horses’ tails and manes.
- Wood Pellets are preferred to shavings as they are drier but are difficult to muck out without excessive bedding loss due to their small dimensions.
- Straw is not particularly absorbent, it can be costly, dusty, mouldy, is also edible and is bulky in storage.
- Peat Moss is a soft bedding however it can be dusty, dark and dirty.
- Shredded Newspaper is costly, it can be blown around, it gets soaked and there is a shortage of supply.
- Cedar Bedding is not recommended as it resists decomposition and also, some horses have a skin sensitivity to cedar.
Contact us now to discuss your ComfyBed® requirements.